Description: Are you looking for solution to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook, then stop your search because in this article we are giving information about Thunderbird to Outlook conversion by using manual and automatic techniques.…………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Process to Convert Thunderbird to Outlook
Email is the most popular and widely accepted means of communication among business and personal domains. We are fortunate to have number of email applications such as Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail and Entourage etc. Each mail client make use of particular file format to store the complete data of mailbox. These email file extensions and file formats varies from client to client.
Several users be likely to migrate from one email client to another which offers collaboration, better messaging, and other advanced features. Email migration also depends upon personal preferences, need of organizations and other factors like cost or training requirements.
As everyone knows that Mozilla Thunderbird is free and open source email application developed by Mozilla foundation. It supports both POP and IMAP protocols. Thunderbird is able to manage group of mail accounts. It can be configured with number of features as per requirements. This amazing email client is equipped with multiple features like open source, server address, multiple platforms and etc. Therefore it is ideal choice of users all across the globe.
In spite of Thunderbird’s is incredible email application, Mozilla Corporation had been stopped the Thunderbird development since 2012. And now the company only releasing updates for security and maintenance. Therefore, the community of users requires to hire team of developers to organize all the extra functionality of it accordingly which could be costly for some users. Because Outlook is more wide and flexible email client and offers more strong solutions, many users look to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook which is more flexible and does not need any configurations at the development end.
However, Thunderbird does not support any inbuilt feature to perform Thunderbird to Outlook conversion. So you have to use tool and follow the processes to switch from Thunderbird to Outlook format. You can perform the task manually or using third party application to get the job done.
This method retains the information of both original sender and send date.
Step 1: Download, install and run Mozilla Thunderbird.
Step 2: Open the desired Mozilla Thunderbird email file folder to perform Thunderbird email file conversion to Outlook.
Step 3: Select the required Mozilla Thunderbird email file message folder that you need to export or you can also select all the messages, as per requirements.
Step 4: Select messages and right click on it and choose ‘Save As’ option from the menu.
Step 5: Choose a folder and save the messages and select ‘Select Folder’ option to export the Mozilla Thunderbird email file message folder.
Step 6: Now, run MS Outlook
Step 7: In the main window Right-click the ‘Outlook’, go to menu and select ‘New folder’.
Step 8: Name the folder as per requirements from the ‘Name’ option and click ‘OK’ button to create the folder.
Step 9: Now, choose the recently created folder, this would be empty and does not contain any emails. That means the middle pane is empty.
Step 10: Select all the emails which is exported from Thunderbird.
Step 11: To import all the Mozilla Thunderbird email files into the new folder, click and drag the emails to the middle pane of MS Outlook. All the Thunderbird emails will be displayed and import process gets successfully complete.
Second Manual Process
As everyone already aware that Mozilla Thunderbird does not include any particular feature to export emails in any other email client. Moreover, this method may help you to retrieve all the mails with their original sender and date information as well.
- Run Mozilla Thunderbird
- Choose desired Mozilla Thunderbird email files you need to export to outlook. The number of Messages you select depends upon its attachments and the speed of the provider and internet connection.
- After selecting the messages, right click and click on ‘Forward as Attachments’ option. A new mail message will open with all attached files that you have chosen. Now quickly enter your Outlook email address and press send.
- Now, open MS Outlook and go to ‘Send and Receive’
- Open the email that you have sent from Thunderbird mail client and move this to active windows so that you will be able to see your Outlook screen.
- Now from active windows drag all the attached mails to your inbox folder, and use them as per your needs.
- Tips for Successful conversion process
- Before performing the Thunderbird to Outlook conversion, always remember the auto send/receive option should be disabled in Mozilla Thunderbird email client or you may finish up receiving new messages for better results.
- Both the manual process is not enough to convert every single file. It could be possible that you would face data loss. And it is advisable to apply professional solution instead of manual as it is not reliable nor secure.
Professional alternative to convert Thunderbird to Outlook
Manual methods are fair enough for migrating Thunderbird emails but if you are searching for one-click strong and powerful solution by which you do not need to follow so many steps then Thunderbird Converter Wizard is the best available tool among all. The tool quickly convert complete mails including mail items with ease. The tool is also capable to convert Thunderbird .msf to Outlook .pst.
Some remarkable aspects of Thunderbird Converter Wizard
Offers multiple file saving options to convert Thunderbird emails
Automatically detect the location of Thunderbird profile data
Supports both MOZMSGS and WDSEML folders for conversion
Includes Single Folder Conversion and Batch Folder Conversion options
Proficient with all version of Windows OS including Windows 10.